Scope of this declaration
This declaration is applicable to all websites applied for establishment under the Domain Name of the Land Bank of Taiwan (hereinafter referred to as the “Bank”), which is landbank.com.tw.
Collection, processing, use and protection of personal information
The websites of the Bank will collect, process, use, and protect your personal information in accordance with the “Personal Data Protection Act” of the Republic of China and other applicable legal rules.
- The collection, processing, and use of personal information
(1) It is not necessary for the users to enter their personal information (such as name, ID card number, address, telephone number, and e-mail) when accessing to the websites of the Bank. The websites of the Bank will not acquire the personal information of the users without their acknowledgement unless otherwise notified in advance.
(2) The websites of the Bank may sometimes ask you to enter your personal information in certain online events (such as quiz or online survey), but will not disclose or resell your personal information to any individual or entity unrelated to the event unless the law requires otherwise. If you have already applied for Internet banking services with the Bank, the websites of the Bank will use your e-mail to deliver to you the transaction information, notification, advertisement, and event news.
(3) The personal information collected by the websites of the Bank will be used for the designated purpose of collection and within the scope of the services it rendered, such as for reply to questions and notification of the winners of price drawing, business and market analysis, and others. The websites of the Bank will not use your personal information beyond the designated purpose unless with your consent under prior notification, or as dictated by applicable laws. The websites of the Bank will not disclose your personal information to any third party discreetly. Currently, only the personal information on the Internet bank of Hong Kong will be sent to Hong Kong for processing. No personal information will be sent to any other countries (regions) for processing.
- The protection of personal information
(1) The websites of the Bank collect information through the SSL (Secure Socket Layer) mechanism in encryption for transmission. With the installation of firewall, we could deter illegal intrusion and sabotage by malicious programs. All information with secretive nature will be scrambled for storage to reinforce the security of data storage and use.
(2) Your personal information will be kept in the database of the Bank under strict security and confidentiality. All processing personnel have entered into agreement with the Bank on confidentiality with such information. Those who violate the obligation of confidentiality will be punishable by applicable laws.
- Google Analytics
Some websites of the Bank adopted Google Analytics, which is a kind of online statistical analysis service provided by Google Inc. Through the analysis of the information contained in the cookies, the Bank could understand the habits and preferences of the users. The aforementioned data cannot be used to identify the personal information of the users and will be used as reference for the design of the website version and operation.
Cookies are short messages written into the hard disk of the users through the browser for differentiating the preferences of different users. Users may cancel or restrict this function through the setup of their browsers. If you select to reject all cookies, you may not be able to use some of the personalized services, or participate in some activities.
External links to the websites
It is an integral part of the service for connecting the users to external webpages. The webpages of the websites of the Bank may also provide link to the networks of other websites. Users are discrete in using the links provided by the websites of the Bank and click to connect to other websites. However, the websites of the Bank disclaims any protection of the privacy rights of the users in linking to these websites.
You are advised to keep your certificate, password or any bit of personal information properly, and shall never avail your personal information to any third party. You must remember to logoff after using the services and functions provided by the websites of the Bank. If you share a computer with a third party or use a public computer, remember to switch off the window of the browser to prevent the others in reading your personal information.
Network security protection
The websites of the Bank provide the following protective measures for the security of the websites and ensuring the continuation of the services to the users.
- To use an internet intrusion detection system to monitor and control traffic volume so as to affirm no unauthorized attempt to upload or modify webpage information or launch deliberate damage.
- To install a firewall to prevent illegal intrusion, sabotage, or theft of information so as to prevent the unlawful use of the websites and protect the rights of the users.
- To install anti-virus software and conduct virus scan at regular intervals so as to provide a more secure webpage browsing environment for the users.
- To hold simulated hackers attack and conduct exercise drill on system recovery procedure in response to security events from time to time, and provide appropriate level of security protection.
- To prepare backup copies daily with delivery of all backup data to the alternate backup server.
- To receive notice of security maintenance from related suppliers of operating system and application programs via e-mail automatically and follow the recommendation stated in the e-mail to install appropriate modification programs (PATCH).
Enactment of and amendment to this declaration
This declaration shall become effective at the time the website of the Bank was installed. The websites of the Bank will make amend and announce this declaration from time to time in response to the change in the social and regulatory environment or in line with the advancement of technology with the use of the latest technology, and will protect your privacy and security in using the network under law in due diligence. You are advised to view this declaration at any time to protect your rights and privileges.
For more information, please click here to download.
Should you have any question on this declaration, please visit our business portal of the Bank at https://www.landbank.com.tw, “about Land Bank” >exchange of view, for inquiry.